Mrs. Charlene Gile
Mrs. Gile’s 10th ELA, 10th AP ELA, and 11th ELA
HELLO WHS BULLDOGS!
Welcome! I am so happy that the school year is starting and maybe things will start feeling normal again! However, “normal” has a new meaning this year. I am preparing myself for a year of surprises and constant changes… I hope you are, too! Please be flexible and don’t hesitate to contact me when things are getting too strange and you are having trouble figuring out what to do. I promise to be patient with you as we work through the craziness… and please be patient with me when things are changing fast and I can’t figure out what to do. When changes hit, give me a minute and I will update my page.
We can get through this together!
HERE IS MY EMAIL, THE EASIEST WAY TO CONTACT ME:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - eventually everything will be moving to my @bulldogsw.in mail, but that has not happened yet
- Or use the "send email" button on this page.
HOW DO I GET INTO GILE’S ZOOM CLASSES THE FIRST WEEK?
Go to your English Schoology page and the Zoom addresses for this week's meetings is listed there.
THIS WEEK, THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASS, YOU WILL USE THIS ZOOM ADDRESS TO GET INTO ANY OF MY CLASSES, WHETHER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THE ASU ONLINE CLASSES OR THE HYBRID IN-PERSON CLASSES.
- For right now, everyone should come to the Zoom classes. I will let you know when this changes.
Monday through Thursday:
- P1: 8:30 - 9:30 10th Integrated English
- P2: 9:35 - 10:35 11th English
- P3: 10:40 - 11:40 OFFICE HOURS
- 1st LUNCH: 11:40 - 12:10 (MAROON LUNCH)
- P4: 12:15 - 1:15 11th English
- P5: 1:20 - 2:20 11th English
- P6: 2:25 - 3:25 10th AP English (AP Literature and Composition)
Early Release Friday:
- P1: 8:30 - 9:10 10th Integrated English
- P2: 9:15 - 9:55 11th English
- P3: 10:00 - 10:40 OFFICE HOURS
- LUNCH: 10:40 - 11:10
- P4: 11:15 - 11:55 11th English
- P5: 12:00 - 12:40 11th English
- P6: 12:45 - 1:25 10th AP English (AP Literature and Composition)
RULES FOR YOUR VIRTUAL CLASSROOM:
- Treat these virtual classes like your regular classes. Attendance will be taken, assignments will be given, grades will be earned. Behave appropriately.
- SCHOOL DRESS CODES ARE IN EFFECT. Show up dressed like you are in school, because you are.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY STATEMENT:
A student may be subject to disciplinary action when the student:
Engages in any of the following forms of academic misconduct:
- Lateness for, missing, or leaving school or class without permission or excuse.
- Cheating (including but not limited to copying, using unauthorized help sheets and the like, illegally obtaining tests in advance, substituting for a test-taker, and other forms of unauthorized collusion).
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism is the representation of another author's language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions as one's own original work.
WHAT ABOUT NEXT WEEK? WHEN DO I USE CANVAS AND SCHOOLOGY?
- We're working on it. I'm working on it. When everything is up and running, you'll log in to ASU Online classes using Canvas OR you'll log in to the hybrid (starting online, moving to in-person) classes using Schoology.
- For the first day of school, August 3, 2020, we will only need to worry about ZOOM
I will be teaching Junior English and Accelerated Sophomore English, AP Literature and Composition. I have previously taught English for ten years at the high school and community college levels. I have a Master of Arts degree in English and a Master of Education in English-Secondary Education, both from Northern Arizona University. My phone number is 928/288-8152 and I can be found in room 206, but the best way to reach me is by email, at email@example.com.