Classroom Rules and Procedures
- Be on task
- Be respectful
- Follow directions
- No food or drink in the lab. Twist top drinks are acceptable if kept on the floor.
- You must complete the course in the semester in which you were enrolled.
- Proper use of language is expected. Swearing or vulgar language is not appropriate.
- You must remain at your workstation during the entire class period. You are not permitted to wander around the classroom.
- The ONLY materials you will need at your desk are your notebook, pen/pencil, and/or Backpacks/purses need to be kept on the floor.
- Note taking is mandatory for ALL instruction in ALL classes.
- Only Edgenuity open on your computer. Having other programs on will force your work to be reset and your grade to be docked.
- At no time may a student use the lab computers to access games or other internet sites without direct permission from the teacher.
- Edgenuity is a silent class, meaning there can be no discussion between students.
- Entering the Room: Move quickly to your assigned computer, log in, check your Virtual Classroom Lobby and Organizer for email and announcements, and start your next activity.
- Instruction: Have your headphones on, pay attention to the lecture, and TAKE NOTES.
- Note Taking: Notes are required and a notebook must be kept daily and will be checked by your teacher before advancing you onto the next activity or receive a reset after failing 2 attempts.
- Failing Quizzes and Tests: If you fail a Quiz or Test, raise your hand so I can review it. Some or all of your activities in that lesson or topic may be reset after failing an assessment. So use notes, study, and pass.
- Work Until the Bell Rings. Teacher dismisses the class… not the bell.
- Idle Time: Edgenuity keeps track of idle time and provides a detailed report of what you are doing every minute you are on or off the program. You will be held accountable for your time, so use it wisely.
- Technology Use: If you don’t have your own headphones, you must check out a pair from the teacher every day.
- Academic Integrity: There is a zero-tolerance policy cheating. This includes letting other people do your online work for you. If you violate the academic integrity policy, you will be required to start the ENTIRE UNIT/COURSE again, and you will receive zero credit for work you have already done.
- When you are absent, you are still responsible for your performance and your progress.